Use the instructions and attached stimulus repetition chart to select an optimal stimulus frequency which will help prevent 60 cycle or other rhythmical artifact from averaging into your recordings. Here’s how:
- To determine the frequency of the artifact, right click on the waveform window and select reject settings. Use the Noise Analysis window located in the bottom of the reject settings window to identify the dominate waveform frequency. Refer to the Cascade help file topic, “Setup Reject Info” for more details.
- Open the Rep Rate vs Noise chart below into a new window.
- Find the artifact frequency at the the top of the chart.
- Scan down through the column corresponding to the artifact frequency to find a highlighted number appearing in the same row as the targeted stimulus rate. Adjust your stimulus rate accordingly.
- For example, if the recorded artifact is 60 cycle, you would choose a stimulus rep rate such as 2.66, 2.67, 2.79, 3.74, 3.25, 3.42, 3.43, 4.13, 4.14, or higher as long as the rate lines up with a green highlighted number under the 60 hz column.
The following chart is used to determine optimal stimulus repetition rate to avoid cyclical artifact in averaged recordings.
*Note: for countries using 50 Hz power lines, refer to the Cascade help file topic, “Choosing The Appropriate Repetition Rate 50 Hz”